Please find below instructions for Hikvision password recovery
Please be aware we can only unlock hardware purchased from ourselves to the buyer free of charge (for the warranty period) - we check this via the products serial number. Password unlocks for hardware not purchased from ourselves or for dealing directly with a buyers customer will be chargeable at £25+VAT, this would be payable before we send you the reset file via a payment link. If you need us to remotely assist in doing this for you the cost would be £50+VAT - Payment can be taken over the phone.
Here are the steps for password recovery (only for DVRs/NVRs with new firmware v.3.3.0 or higher, and cameras with v5.3 or higher):
Please note - that you should not power off the device between creating the export file and importing the reset file as this would require a new file to be generated.
- First of all, download SADP software, this when connected to the same network as your camera/recorder will find and display Hikvision device information. The SADP Tool is available on the following link http://www.cctvempire.co.uk/Downloads
- Create a suggestive folder on your local disk, for example "Hikvision reset". Connect to the same network as the device then run SADP and put a tick in the box beside the product with the lost password, click forgot password on the bottom right, then click the "Export" option. Save the file in the folder you created - the SADP tool will save an xml file in your local folder.
- Close SADP (it is important that you close and reopen SADP between exports and imports) then send this file to us via email - We will then email you the unlock file across within 1-3 hours.
- Once you receive the unlock xml file from us by email, place it in the "Hikvision reset" folder you created earlier
- From the SADP tool, select the device again then forgot password. Point SADP to the unlock file then type a new password then click Import. If everything is ok, the "Reset password success" message will pop up.
If resetting an NVR tick the "Reset Network Cameras passwords" box to push the new password to attached IP cameras.